I am slowly recovering from Covid 19 and entered the 10th day. While I don’t want to go into the medical treatment part, I like to share my personal experiences relating to the illness, which I am sure will dispel many of the misconceptions that we bear inadvertently.
I was exposed on the 25th April when a patient, my maidservant, antigen negative approached me for mild fever and body ache. I gave her the medicines and she took away. She came back next morning and asserted that she had no fever but her bodyache persisted.
Next morning the maid was alright, prepared food for me and my daughter.
Around 10 am I found that the left angle of my mouth is sore and I was hardly able to fully open my mouth. The saturation, temperature, pulse and physical well-being were good. My BP was normal and I was on my usual antihypertensive.
The sore persisted for 3/4days and vanished. My daughter went back home on 29th April, fully vaccinated and without symptoms.
On 6th I had a meeting and then had to see a suspected cancer patient. We all were in protective gear and most of us were vaccinated.
On 6th afternoon, I developed itching of eye which didn’t persist long, had vanished with simple remedy.
On 7th Morning my nostrils started burning and I had fever by 930am.
Back home daughter had similar symptoms 500 km away from me. Her mother caught up with it on 8th, with similar symptoms.
On 8th my test report got positive. My daughter developed all symptoms but her report persistently remained negative.
My wife became positive on 11th May.
This is the story which gives an idea about the exposure pattern from asymptomatic antigen negative carrier.
Now, let me give you some feedback about the biochemical profiles of these three individuals
- All except the girl had impaired Sugar level (corona affects pancreas). It spuriously or even truly increases CRP (CRP and Hyperglycaemia are associated) [my advice for home treatment please purchase a glucometer, which is handy and cheap].
- Fever reappears once again between 5-8 days, mild, moderate or spiking. [digital thermometer should be of good quality, otherwise it can spoil your effort]
- Have Nebuliser machine with attachments ready along with prescribed drugs. [it must be taken meticulously from day 1]
- Pulse oxymeter may give spurious results in dark skin. Change finger to recheck. Any drop of 4% from previous level should be considered seriously. If it shows a drop, please take 6 minutes walk and reassess.
- Proning is a must, as also changing postures of sleep every few hours.
- Plenty of fluids should be taken-at least 4/5litres daily
- Save your energy and oxygen. Lie on bed and distract your mind.
- Have regular food, bath without breaking routine.
- Keep room clean.
- If all members are affected no need to maintain physical distance in home. Help each other as far as possible.
- Open windows and keep room airy and lighted.
- Don’t panic. If protocols are followed and all directions are followed chance of hospitalisation is minimum.
- Don’t run for useless medicines, follow your doctor’s advice, Whatever he/she prescribed should be followed. Protocols vary and doctors know when to change or modify it.
- Lastly but not the least, please don’t follow WhatsApp forwards or our updates and stories of death and disaster.
We do lose but more often we win. It is the stories of victory that is important for life.
Saty safe and saty healthy.
Thank you all who sent me wishful messages of love and care but I couldn’t reply because of my indisposition.